Skip to main content

I have visions...

For as long as I can remember, I have these thoughts - auditory visions if you can stretch this analogy - when seemingly, my mind should be turned off and relaxing, enjoying the mindless broadcast from the tube or sitting in the spaces between material and natural, visiting it seems, the edges of my own sanity.

In other words, I talk to myself. Not out loud, of course, because that's
just crazy.

My ego speaks to me when I seek quiet. A noisy respite from my own daily doings. It really should be more quiet, and often I can turn down the volume or shut it up - literally sometimes - I say out loud, "enough!", as if that is required to make my ego listen and pipe down for a moment. I choose this action when there is repetitive, negative haranguing of someone I am clearly not speaking with at the moment - a dress rehearsal of sorts for the actual moment when I may pick up my skirt and read the riot act to someone that my ego has deemed unworthy of "live and let live".

People bug me.

But back to my nagging ego. I shall label it Nego because it is the negative aspect of my ego.

This Nego I must control verbally at times, but it is there as an indicator that I need to chill out.
On the flip side, which is the reason for this little tirade, I have a brilliantly quiet ego that chatters incessantly when I'm tired or exhausted, forcing me to take a moment to listen because, lo and behold, it's really good stuff. I have dreams occasionally - as do most people - that are simply brilliant. Answers to life's indecision or a way to secure the chicken coop for winter or the truly best way to eat an Oreo.

I haven't named this part of my ego yet. Perhaps it will come in one of my "visions".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

...story continued from Facebook

PICTURE Whose prom was this? I'd have to say, it was the worst of the 3 junior proms I attended. Just look at the dress. I think this was MY junior prom - so that would be #2. I went with Keith. We all did things we shouldn't have that night.   No, I take that back... Jon's junior prom was the worst and my friend Holly was there. And I'm sure that I had been drinking, so... no, maybe not the worst.  It was at the Ramada Inn in Mystic - and it smelled of sweaty people as if an aerobics class had just left and they'd had no ventilation. Holly... I think it was also her worst. Her date reeeeeeeked so bad, and was clueless, too - so he was hangin' all over her. She told me to smell him (which I did) and I thought I was going to fall over - my ears rang from the pungency. This is a picture of me and Erin dancing at Keith's junior prom? I think she went with someone 2 years younger... how scandalous. At least she was there to have fun with!    Erin, Erin,

The Heaviness of "Stuff"

I'm moving more "stuff" around. Not sure why I'm calling it "stuff" rather than "shit", which is more appropriate at this point in my life. I think it's because this is a public forum and I really shouldn't use words like shit, fuck... not even crap. Some people will take it the wrong way, so I'll just use the word "stuff". It actually lets me off the hook in a way - as if I made a good decision about its acquisition. It was for a good cause... it was a gift... because it was cute... because it was cheap. Scratch that... it was affordable. What a load. Lately I have been looking at my stuff. As Mike alluded to in it a post months ago - we are responsible for everything we touch. Holy crap! That's stupid unless you look deeper and realize that it's absolutely true when practiced absolutely . You see, I've come to notice that much of our ego is about making us "feel better". A safety mechanism. A defense s

when did I become infirm?

 Right now I'm playing Dots 2.0 on my phone. I try not to play for more than an hour. It helps that my elbow rages with inflammation after I put it down.  When did this happen?! Negative feedback is required for me to actually make a hard change, so I tend to linger longer than I should at any one task regardless of its level of enjoyment. Some things just need term limits. In my mind, I see myself always taking care to eat right, biohack and biofeedback with supplements and new dietary ideas - mainly trying on different eating habits, while maintaining inconsistency and not playing favorites too much. So, how the fuck did this happen? When did I become infirm? My lower back has also been bugging me in a chronic kinda way, I've never experienced before. I'll pull something or overuse, then apply therapeutic remedies to heal in a few days. Not this time. Even going to the chiropractor and doing RICE and gently inverting and consciously stretching and using the torture tools