Skip to main content

I can control my dreams?

I had a most wonderful dream this morning of which I recall very little now. It was embracing and comforting, and I smiled in spite of having to get up and start my physical day.

There was a time, and I can sometimes practice this without being frustrated, when I could surf my dreams and alter the outcome. I used to practice this when I was in my teens because I felt the need to rid myself of many irrational fears that I kept to myself and never told anyone - until now. It was then that I began to actively "fly" in my dreams to get away from a perceived, scary situation or encroaching, nameless foe. I remember passively doing this when I was younger, and I thought I was special. As it turns out, many people fly in their dreams, however, not knowing that back then had allowed me a cushion of courage, that I possessed certain powers, to help control myself - "myself" being my ego which cast fear and doubt on just about everything I attempted.

Today, I realize that it was just part of growing up in an insecure environment, but I believe it helped me move through the levels in my life, leaving behind the things that would drag me down and/or cause undue fear. Perhaps an analogy is in order, but one doesn't come to mind as yet.

Today, it's a bit harder to fly solo since family is a huge part of my life, so instead I have decided to work through as many fears and miscommunications in order to appreciate those attached to me - by choice or not - and dig who they are, deep down in the roots of the person they think they are or wish to be. Because intent is a powerful thing.

So - I say, "teach them to fly (with me or away from me) or leave them on the ground to suffer their own slings and arrows." That's a little harsh, but realistic when you come to the understanding that you can only control yourself and your surroundings - no one else.

peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

...story continued from Facebook

PICTURE Whose prom was this? I'd have to say, it was the worst of the 3 junior proms I attended. Just look at the dress. I think this was MY junior prom - so that would be #2. I went with Keith. We all did things we shouldn't have that night.   No, I take that back... Jon's junior prom was the worst and my friend Holly was there. And I'm sure that I had been drinking, so... no, maybe not the worst.  It was at the Ramada Inn in Mystic - and it smelled of sweaty people as if an aerobics class had just left and they'd had no ventilation. Holly... I think it was also her worst. Her date reeeeeeeked so bad, and was clueless, too - so he was hangin' all over her. She told me to smell him (which I did) and I thought I was going to fall over - my ears rang from the pungency. This is a picture of me and Erin dancing at Keith's junior prom? I think she went with someone 2 years younger... how scandalous. At least she was there to have fun with!    Erin, Erin,

The Heaviness of "Stuff"

I'm moving more "stuff" around. Not sure why I'm calling it "stuff" rather than "shit", which is more appropriate at this point in my life. I think it's because this is a public forum and I really shouldn't use words like shit, fuck... not even crap. Some people will take it the wrong way, so I'll just use the word "stuff". It actually lets me off the hook in a way - as if I made a good decision about its acquisition. It was for a good cause... it was a gift... because it was cute... because it was cheap. Scratch that... it was affordable. What a load. Lately I have been looking at my stuff. As Mike alluded to in it a post months ago - we are responsible for everything we touch. Holy crap! That's stupid unless you look deeper and realize that it's absolutely true when practiced absolutely . You see, I've come to notice that much of our ego is about making us "feel better". A safety mechanism. A defense s

coffee....
good

Sometimes a cup o' joe in the afternoon really hits the spot.  Sometimes it just leads to more disorientation and jitters.  Inevitably, though, the aroma is what draws me in most... It makes me think I want a smooth, delicious cup to sip genteelly - when in actuality, it gets in my way and I end up gulping it down before it's too chilled.  I don't fancy cold coffee, unless it's iced and pretty. A paradox ?